Courses Developed and Taught, University of Melbourne, since 2014
- Comparative Social Policy (Graduate level, 46 students), 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Project-based analysis (Graduate level, 23 students), 2018
- Critical Analytical Skills (Undergraduate level, 653 students), 2014, 2015
- Changing Labour Markets and Social Inequality (coordination, only)
Courses Developed and Taught (VU University) 2008-2013
- Current Issues in the Social Sciences 1 (PhD level), 2012.
- Interdisciplinary Seminar: FSS research Fields (Graduate level), 2011.
- Research Master's Class (Graduate level), 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Key Thinkers in the Social Sciences (PhD level), 2010, 2011.
- Quantitative Methods in the Social Science Part I, (Graduate Level, 124 students), 2010, 2011.
- Quantitative Methods in the Social Science Part II, (Graduate Level, 120 students), 2010, 2011.
- Life Course and the Labour Market (Undergraduate level) [with H. Ganzeboom], 2010.
- Comparative Politics (Undergraduate level) [with B. Vis and G. Schumacher], 2010, 2011.
- Comparative and International Political Economy (Undergraduate level) [with J. de Raadt], 2010 & 2011.
- Quantitative Methods in the Social Science (Undergraduate level, ± 1000 students) [with C. Elzinga, H. Ganzeboom and P. Roelofsma, 2010, 2011.
- Mathematics for Statistics (Undergraduate level), 2008.
- Quantitative Research Methods (Undergraduate level, 200 students) [with I. Nagel], 2008.
- Social Capital, Networks and Labour Relations (Undergraduate level), 2006.
- Social Research Methodology (Undergraduate level) [with H. Goede], 2006.
Invited Workshops and Guest lectures
- Invited to give a 2-day workshop on 'Longitudinal and Sequence Analysis' for the Central Bureau of Statistics Netherlands (with C. Elzinga).
- Invited for a guest lecture on ‘Simultaneous Selection Models and their use in Social Science’. Longitudional Analyses Class. The Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (80 PhD students)
Curriculum Development and Coordination 2010-ongoing
- Designed, developed and implemented a 150 point program for the Master of Social Policy.
- Responsible for the development of the 2010-2011/2012 (transitional) Masters’ Programme in Social Research, VU University.
- Responsible for the development of the 2012 Masters’ Programme in Social Research, VU University.
- Coordinator of around 25 lecturers involved in the MSR and PhD programme of the VU-GSSS.
- Coordinator and organizer of lectures/courses and workshops offered by our International fellows within the VU-Graduate School of Social Sciences.